Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eggplants, Cabbages and Sunflowers Oh My!

With a break between the rain storms we have been having, I took a stroll this morning through the field to see how everything was doing after all the rain. Coyle Farm got some good news as I spotted our first eggplants! There are only two of them but hopefully more to follow. I took a walk to check all the flowers and noticed that there were some buds on the sunflowers that were trying to open up and get some light after all the rain. Lastly, it seems that the rain has helped the Coyle Farm cabbage patch take shape as almost all the cabbage plants have enclosed and started to grow.


Look closely for the small eggplant bud

Eggplant #2 that is a little bigger than the previous

"No I don't want to say hello!"
Some of the sunflowers are a little camera shy...

"I'm tired of rain! Where's my sun?!"


One sunflower decided to come out between all the rain

A very common site in the Coyle Farm Cabbage Patch as all plants are starting to form!
Who's ready for some 'slaw?!

Have a great day everyone!
Regards,
Cackling Willy

No comments:

Post a Comment